In the next two weeks I have my final four weddings of 2016!
However, the end of the season does not mean I have time to put my feet up. Running a wedding planning business is a year round business. To give you an idea of what I do year round, I thought it would be helpful to give you a peak of my bullet point calendar for the next year.
- Attending final Weddings of 2016!
- Final bookings taken for 2017 (I only take a max of 20 weddings on per year, but I always leave room for 2-3 at the end of the year for interesting ones that come in and are hard to resist!!)
- Start sourcing and booking services for 2017 weddings.
- Venue visits, vendor meet ups and meeting with clients.
- Finalise 2016 weddings – marriages certs sent, albums ordered, testimonials in and updated on website.
- Bookings start for 2018 (I’ll be passing these enquiries on to my graduates as I am taking a break from planning in 2018 as I have been asked to work on an exciting project!)
- Paperwork starts for April 2017 couples.
- Continue to book services for 2017 weddings.
- I take December off to relax and enjoy my family.
January and February
- Lots of newly engaged couples after Christmas and New Year proposals, so lots of new enquiries for 2017, 2018 and 2019 to deal with and pass on to graduates!
- 2017 couples will be keen to get working on their plans as they realise this is the year they will be getting married and a little bit of panic sets in!
- Media Interviews
- Paperwork starts for summer weddings
- Booking services for 2017 weddings continues
- Pinterest boards started for all 2017 weddings and we start working on all the lovely details of each wedding.
- Meetings with clients
- Venue visits for couples, menu tastings, hair and makeup trials
- Mood boards created, sourcing and researching decor items.
- Finalise details for first weddings of the season.
- First weddings of the season!
- Ceremony planning for summer weddings
- Finalise lots of details of summer weddings (ongoing!!)
May through to August
- Weddings and more weddings!
- I set up an autoresponder explaining I am not available for new booking enquiries until September and refer them on to other wedding planners (my Wedding Planner mentoring graduates!)
So that is a rough map of my next 12 months! In between, I need to do accounts, social media updates, website updates… and live a little!
As you can see, the life of a wedding planner is varied, exciting and hectic! You need to be really well organised as your clients are relying on you for guidance.
The next two weeks will be busy for me, but I am not complaining … actually I can’t wait, as I will be on the Amalfi Coast for 3 of the weddings and in Rome for the other! I do have a few days off in between to relax with a glass or two of prosecco by the pool and test out some restaurants!
I fully believe everyone should do a job that excites them and you feel passionate about, do you think wedding planning is still for you?
If so, I currently have 3 places available for wedding planning mentoring students this year – starting any time between 17th Sept to December) If you would like to be your own boss and have your own wedding planning company started before January and in time for 2017 and 2018 bookings then contact me now to hold your place: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t put off your dream, life is too short! Contact me to get started, you won’t regret it!